My sweet baby girl is brewing a little 'tude.
Time to go inside? Cue meltdown.
Time for lunch? See: A screaming puddle on the floor.
Time change a stinky butt? Quick! Go limp so momma has a harder time picking me up! (great for my back, btw)
Where the fuck did she get all this from? My little monkey, who used to be up for almost anything, now screams and cries with the most genuine look of betrayal in her eyes, whenever I must go about about our regularly scheduled programming.
I have a parenting book. Guess I need to fast forward to the section about tantrums. For I will not have that shit. I will not have it...
Tips and pointers appreciated.
8 comments:
Our daughter has tantrums. Usually it's because she can't communicate something, so they're getting better the more she can talk, but once she starts one we have found the only thing that works is ignoring it. I literally sometimes step around her. First I tell her (calmly, ha) that I do not respond to that type of behavior and then tell her when she calms down she can come join me/us whatever we're doing. Sometimes she continues for a few minutes and sometimes just a few seconds... and then of course I just try to head anything off at the pass I can (making sure she's not hungry, tired, etc. etc.) and when I see one potentially brewing I try to distract her quickly. But yeah, we're not having any of that here either :)
Good luck!
I don't have any advice, but I just want you to know that my one year old has been doing this for a few months... SAY WHAT?! I thought tantrums didn't start until 2...
I must say that I'm sorry you have to deal with this, but I smile secretly in knowing that I am not alone. My dear G started the terrible twos at about 14 months, much like what you're experiencing. There was literally a period of about 1 1/2 that I did everything I could to avoid any errands with him whatsoever because the leadup alone was too much. It still sort of is, but not in the quite screaming, throwing himself down into a puddle way. Now it's a trying to reason/talk his way out of it, so you have that new phase to look forward to!
I mean to sat 'there was a period of about 1 1/2 YEARS'. I'm sorry I did nothing for proofreading above. Ugh...
Geez...'SAY' is what I meant! OK. I give up today. LMAO. And I'm also done spamming your comments section.
James is already doing some of this at 11 months (eek!). In a mommy and me class the teacher suggested telling the child what is happening before hand (it's time to change your diaper, eat lunch, etc) to ease the transition, and to maybe even do a little song. This is all new to me too - wish I could be of more help! xo
http://www.ahaparenting.com/ages-stages/toddlers/toddler-tantrums
That article was SUPER helpful for me. I hope it helps you too!
Channeling Tina Fey because I will not have that shit, Lord!! :-) Hope the weekend brought some peace!
Post a Comment