Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I Still Don't Get It...

We battled for almost five years before we received the greatest gift we could ever hope for. Our daughter.

I know the depths of the IF battlefield so well that it still knocks the wind out of me when I think about my darkest days. 

It haunts me. 

I am afraid of who I was. 

Terrified that it will find me again. 

The anguish. The sorrow. Consumed on a daily basis by the fear of the unknown. It's crippling. Still.

When I see my dear friends, in the blogosphere and in real life suffering; consumed, paralyzed by loss. By failure. It crushes me.

Especially now that I know the joy, the unbelievable gift of a child. It kills me that much more to think of my friends who have been denied the experience. Who have suffered losses. 

I want it so very much for them. 

Why can't children come from wishes?

4 comments:

unaffected said...

Do you ever go back and read old blog posts?

Even though I'm not quite at that "baby in my arms" phase, I still find myself wondering who that girl is in my old posts. I feel so different now, but it always saddens me to read my old stuff.

Melissa G said...

I have re-read my old posts...

I was in the process of doing a poor man's back up, and I had to stop for a bit. I kept bawling while I was doing it before bed, my husband made me take a break from it.

Brutal.

Anonymous said...

If they did come from wishes...the world would be a much better place.

Alex said...

Amen! Totally agree with this!