Stims are going well so far, I'm happy to report that the Follistim Pen is not nearly as complicated as I imagined. I don't know why, but I was feeling very intimidated by the concept of it alone. Maybe because if you don't pay close enough attention to what you're doing you can destroy $900.00 in meds fairly easily. Thank gawd I can trust Brian not to screw it up.
I'm three days in on stims, and I have to say three shots a day is already getting old. (remember I've been on Lupron since January 16th) AND HOLY CRAP is Menopur a dirty tramp - Why the hell didn't anyone tell me how much that shit stings?!?! If you think I curse a lot here, you should have heard me when the stinging first kicked in. I can handle the shots themselves, it's a little pinch then it's over. And I think I have a pretty decent pain tolerance but good lord... So I did a little research I found that icing helps. I iced for close to ten minutes before injections last night and barely felt a thing. And quick question. How soon into stims did you start to feel anything? I'm not uncomfortable in any way, but I noticed a different type of pressure yesterday. Like, a fullness. Very subtle. Am I nuts? Anyone else notice it this early?
My first monitoring appointment is on Monday, and I'm super excited. I'll go in first thing in the morning and pray that the whorebag cyst hasn't come back to suck up all my meds. I also hope to get a decent preliminary count of follies. This is where it gets tricky because I am constantly reminding myself to not to keep any expectations. SO. HARD. NOT. TO though...
Lastly. I must thank you all for your beautiful enthusiasm when I got the green light. Every one of your comments put a huge smile on my face... Thank you so much for that.
Grow follies, GROW!
(butnottoofast)
(HOLY CRAP, I've been saying that for so long, I can't believe it actually applies to ME.)
WOOO!
19 comments:
Oh thank the Lord! How the "F" did I miss your other posts?! I was thinking of you yesterday and couldn't find your blog! I'm so glad to hear that you have FINALLY started stims and thatn things are moving along nicely!
Yeah...you must not have seen my post titled "menopur hell" That shit stings! I had to do 2 weeks of lovenox injections after my OHSS and that shit stings just as bad as the menopur!!
I'm thinking of you and hoping your first ultrasound goes very well!!!
Yup, menapur is a bitch. Glad the icing helps. On day 3, if I remember correctly, I start to feel "something" going on but not much.
Yes, I wish you lots of slow growing, healthy mature eggs!
It is YOUR turn to have the grow follies grow chants and cheers!! I hated Menopur too, I'm sorry it burns so much.
Can't wait for your report on Monday!
Love this post - it's your turn!!! I started feeling full like you described pretty early. The big symptoms come later - you just wait...
Grow, follies, Grow!!! (but not too fast!!!)
I started feeling "heaviness" in my ovaries after 4 days of stims but wasn't really uncomfortable until the night before the retrieval. I am so excited to hear how the ultrasound goes.
Grow follies Grow!!!
YAY for stims!!
I felt "full" at 4 days, but I wasn't sure if I was imagining it or not. U/S showed it was real at 5 days. :)
Good luck!
Beat of luck!!! I was completely intimidated by the pen, but it quickly became smooth sailing. I'm on IUIs with injections, so it's always good to hear what IVF entails if we have to move on to it. Yikes... Menopur sounds like a drug on a vengeance!
what your feeling sounds about right, fullness is what I usually feel and sometimes it feels like heaviness. My lower back will usually start to hurt after a week or so. good luck with eveything!!!!!!!!!!
Grow follies grow!!
makingmemom.blogspot.com
Meno.pur.evil is a bitch, isn't it? Stings like anything!
Hope your follies do there thing!
Good luck with your first monitoring appointment! Sorry about the Menopur. I'm also on 3 a day, and it sucks to be sure (HCG, Lupron, and Follistim).
I totally lucked out with my Menopur as I was able to mix it with my Gonal-F so it didn't sting at all. Good luck with your stimming!
Soooo exciting...good luck ;)
Whohoo!! How exciting.
Thanks for the icing tip - I''m starting menopur on Wednesday. EEK!
Yay! It IS your turn. Good luck hun!
This is awesome news... you.are.stimming! I usually start to feel something on 3rd day of stimms too and your symptoms or hunches sound about right.
We are all cheering you on girl!!
YES... GROW EMBIES, GROW, make us all proud :)
Woooohooooo! You don't know how happy it makes me to read this!!!
I wish you the best of luck, and I hope that we can become mommies together this year!!
Lots of Luck! Of all the drugs I've had to inject Follistim Pen was by far my favorite :) Menupur can suck it. So excited for you!
Hello from yr Monkey Sisters in Vegas! I read bits of yr updates to Meg as we walked to baggage claim... we couldn't wait, lol!
I remembered the Menopur sting right when u said it... sorry no warning. In my hrad, I said "icing helps" & glad u got that trick down. :-)
Here's to an awesome Monday monitoring! Rem
So, you actually are here in spirit. And we are there in spirit with you. XOXO
Post a Comment