Monday, March 21, 2011

Proceed Follies, Proceed.

First things first, I'm happy to report:  No crazy dreams leading up to the first monitoring appointment. My hoo-hoo wasn't displayed on a Megatron, picture window, or skype for that matter. All good things. As I type this I can only wonder if the whore-bag cyst had anything to do with that. The official report is that she's gone for good! I was super nervous going in that I'd have one giant follie the size of Rachel Zoe, and end up getting cancelled fo' shiz. But Dr. 3 was quite happy with my progress and didn't see that hooker anywhere.

So with all this excitement I have no choice but to whip out my bullet points. (oh my)
  • Left Side: 8 follies, all measuring 12 - 13mm
  • Right Side: 9-10 follies, all measuring 12 - 13mm
  • Lining: 8.3mm
  • Estrodial: 587
  • Prolactin: 18
Dr. 3 was all smiles this morning, and said that my progress was on the higher side of the median he likes to see. I feel good about that. I think. I go back on Wednesday for another monitoring check, but he thinks I could trigger as early as Wednesday night, possibly Thursday. Which meeeeeans, my ER could be Friday or Saturday!!!

I really, really can't believe our time is finally here. I'm so ridiculously happy right now.  My pants are unbuttoned, and I'm smiling like an idiot - I just can't believe we'll have our very own embryo's this weekend. I love them already - is that weird?

So next up: Meds are the same tonight and tomorrow, except that I'll add in Heparin which brings me to four shots per night, oy. I know that it'll soon be two, once I'm off the stims and start the Progesterone in Oil. Which I've heard is heavenly (she says sarcastically). So again, I ask for your wisdom and experience - what are the best ways to minimize the ouchiness of the POI shots? I've heard horror stories of welts, and sore spots that last for MONTHS. I'd like to avoid that, please and thank you. So, spill it.

20 comments:

Jessica said...

Awesome numbers!!! So happy things are turning around for you.

Look at what LisainSK wrote under my last post, "It's a Go"...she explains how to minimize the side effects from the PIO. Sounds promising! I'm happy that you get to do it first, so you can give me some pointers when I start! ;)

Can't wait to hear more updates this week!

Anonymous said...

That is great!!! So happy smiles were on your side...good luck :)

Hillary said...

Your follicles sound like there are growing perfectly - whoo-hoo!! So glad you're feeling good, especially emotionally.

For PIO, I think the best advice I got was to insert the needle very quickly and massage the spot afterwards. I have at times warmed the oil under hot water, sat with a heating pad, etc. but I got lazy about those my last cycle and didn't notice any difference. But that could just be me.

makingmemom.blogspot.com

quadmom said...

Looking good!!

As for PIO shots ... I used a heating pad right before. Then DH injected me (I lay down with that muscle as untensed as possible). Then I held the heating pack on the spot and walked around for at least 5 minutes to exercise the muscle. It worked well, I never had a serious bruise. I did get a small rash from the oil though.

Jos said...

Lots of awesomeness in this posts. Yay for the whorebag cyst being gone!!!

Jenna said...

Thank God that whore-bag cyst went away! She was seriously not welcome!

Fantastic news about your follies! I don't blame you for loving them already. :)

MyTwoLines said...

That is such a great cohort you have there!! Go little follies go!

Glass Case of Emotion said...

Good advice above! Lie down or keep your weight off the cheek you are injecting into..

Sending you good thoughts-
Jess

Lisa said...

So happy to hear your u/s check today went so, so well!

I'm off to email you...'cause this comment box section is just not gosh darn big enough. :)

Clare said...

Wow wow wow! So excited for you... will be thinking about you all weekend xx

HopeBPatient said...

Great follicle count!! So excited for you! Good luck with all the shots. They always seem worse in anticipation than they really are when you've got them done for the day. Keeping everything crossed for you!

Anonymous said...

That sounds absolutely fabulous, awesome progress, how great to have so many follies all at a good size and all about the same size and what a lining! Sounds like your body is trying to make it up to you for the nasty cyst and all is progressing well.

Jessica said...

Your follies are doing awesome!!! As far as the PIO...I used to ice, inject, heat and massage.

Good Luck!!

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

What great numbers! I am so happy for you!

Marissa said...

Yay! Look at all those follicles all growing at the same rate! Your ovaries are rock-stars!

Alex said...

What wonderful news!!! For the PIO, I ice first, then inject after warming the PIO, massage hard, then heating pad. I've only had a bad welt the first time when the hubs didn't massage. Good luck!

Teresa said...

Those are wonderful numbers! I'd be grinning like an idiot with my pants unbuttoned too!

For PIO, I always iced first. Its important to use a fast dart like motion to give the shot. Personally I think my Beyonce-butt gave me the best protection. I never really had any complaints :)

Spit Happens said...

Everything is looking so good Melissa! I am so happy for you. It's ABOUT FRIGGIN TIME, RIGHT??!!? I am super excited for you. Keep the updates coming!

"Jay" said...

Great follie count! I used to wrap the PIO (already in the syringe) in a towel and put in on the heating pad. It would make the oil "thinner" and less painful when injected.

I never thought the PIO was painful going in, just my butt got sore after putting it in day after day! I usually massaged the oil in and briefly applied the heating pad on my butt. I hope that helps!

Jamie said...

Wow! As long as you have been waiting, it seems like things are really picking up quickly. Good luck, lady! I'll be checking in to see how things are progressing. Details, must have details. :)