Friday, August 14, 2009

Still Nothing....

I sent an email to my RE because I am officially four days past due. He said to call him Monday if I still haven't gotten positive by then... Very helpful. My clinic is open on the weekends, so I'm not worried. Just tired of peeing in and on things...

I've gone through like $70.00 dollars in tests. Almost two boxes of CBE digital OPK's, and the rest of my Internet cheapies. (I can normally get by with 3 CBE's and 3 Internet Cheapies)... I'll be back at target tomorrow morning to buy more tests.

I'm not mad or frustrated anymore. This is really weird for me. Come rain, sleet, or snow, my ovaries have always performed. What are the possibilities that through the last two years we've had MFI, and now that we've come up with a solution my girlie parts go on strike????

9 comments:

meinsideout said...

Ack. I know what you mean. For so long it was male factor this and male factor that - well after having such shitty retrieval and fert rates in IVF and 3 miscarriages, I was starting to get worried about me.

You are probably fine - and this pregnancy was as a result of a very, very late surge on CD 19 so here is hoping that your late surge will produce a beautiful egg.

BTW, if you can avoid Provera to induce a period, I recommend running far, far away from that - it really made me psycho!

Meg. said...

Melissa G! Hello! =)

I just wanted to stop by and give you some Bay Area love, and to thank you for stopping by my blog.

I'm so sorry that your ovaries are playing fast and loose with your heart right now. =( I'll be hoping for a positive OPK for you!

Good luck this cycle!

Eileen said...

I highly recommend the Answer brand Early Results tests. They come in an orange box. They have them at Walmart and Target. The line is much darker on those then FRER and EPT for me. And I got a positive 2 days before the other brands. And don't waste money on the $ Tree tests. My HCG is over 1000 now but I still have faint lines on that brand. Go figure. Good luck! I hope AF is MIA with good reason!

Katie said...

Come on, ovaries! What the heck is going on? Keeping you in my thought this weekend..

Kerri said...

This is very, very weird!! I thought for sure I'd log on this morning and see that you'd O'd. I know stress can delay ovulation, but you said you're not worried...just annoyed. I'm sorry- this sucks.

Well, if it's any consolation, I ended up getting pregnant during the cycle where pretty much everything went wrong & nothing went as planned. So, there's always that.

Keep us updated!!

Once Upon A Time said...

Ah! I know you said you aren't frustrated anymore, but I am frustrated for you! When I woke up this morning, I envisioned you going for your IUI... what the heck is going on? I second what Kerri said though- remember the issues I had with the start of the IVF? Maybe you need a rocky start to get a great ending. :)

Carli said...

I can remember when we were going though IUIs. I was ALWAYS right on time - until we started IUIs and then my LH surge would be late as well. I am sure it had to do with the added stress of the IUI, but I had the exact same frustration. Dr. did a U/S to see our progress on follie growth. She said if I didn't O on my own by the next day, I would get a trigger shot. But I finally O'd. It just took it's dear, sweet time. Hopefully tomorrow morning!

Melissa said...

Come on Ovaries! I'm hoping that you don't have to pee on more tests!

Good luck!

p.s. I'm very impressed that you can email your RE. My RE simply says "what's email..."

Clare said...

There must be a reason for it, how odd! Hoping you get a positive OPK soon. Thinking of you.